|Age||at least 10 billions years old|
|Allies & Enemies|
Constantine: The Novelization
Constantine: The Videogame
“No. You will live, John Constantine. You will live. You will have the chance to prove that your soul truly belongs in hell. Oh, you will live. You will live …”— Lucifer to John Constantine, Constantine
Powers and Abilities
Lucifer has an immense amount of power, he is far stronger than any Demon, Angels and possibly all archangels, he is even stronger than his son Mammon, despite his immense power he is still weaker than God. Unlike other Angels, Lucifer can manifest on Earth.
Immortality: Lucifer is not susceptible to human weaknesses, thus being immune to all aging, disease, and death.
Superhuman Strength: Lucifer has superhuman strength. He can easily overpower humans, demons, and angels.
Telekinesis: Lucifer can move objects and people with his mind.
Teleportation: Lucifer can move instantaneously from one location to another. He can teleport himself anywhere in the world.
Inter dimensional Travel: He can move freely through different dimensions. As seen when he came to earth from hell.
Invisibility: Lucifer has the ability to make himself or others unable to be seen by other beings.
Wish Granting: Lucifer can grant/fulfill wishes of others. As seen when he fulfill wish of John Constantine of Isabel going from hell to heaven.
Weather Control: Lucifer can control the weather.
Illusion Manipulation: He can create, shape and manipulate illusions, causing others to see, hear, touch, smell and/or taste things which do not actually exist or cause them to perceive things differently from what they truly are.
Satisfying Desire: He can give everything humans want, such as power, knowledge, wealth, fortune, etc.
Healing: Lucifer has the ability to heal injuries of himself and other beings. He can even cure diseases, viruses, infections, sicknesses,disorders and poisoning, etc. He can even heal other beings without touching them.
Resurrection: He has rare ability to either bring himself or others back to life from death of any means.
Astral Perception: He can perceive true form of beings invisible to human's eye. He can even see supernatural incidents.
Localization: He has the ability to track and locate beings.
Master of Manipulation: He is a skilled manipulator with a keen ability to understand the mental and emotional weaknesses, desires and needs of his victims and determine how best to use them to his advantage.
Lucifer was created by God billions of years ago, before even the Big Bang, he was once the strongest archangel of God. Lucifer was cast out of Heaven out of unknown reasons, he now is the ruler of Hell.
To be added.
Claiming John's soul
With Constantine taking his own life as a teenager his soul is condemned to an eternity in hell. After being resurrected Johns devoted his life to securing his entry into heaven. It is said that Constantine is the one soul Lucifer would come to personally collect.
- Lucifer's role in Constantine is somewhat similar to The First of the Fallen's role in the comic books, thus leading to the speculation that Lucifer is the film's equivalent of that character.
- They're similiar due to the fact that they were both tricked into giving John his soul back.
- Lucifer's first appearance has him come down, from above, this has caused confusion, but this is a representation of Lucifer's status as an Archangel.
- Biblically, Lucifer was the most beautiful of angels, known for his alignment with light. He became arrogant and conceited by his high position, eventually becoming an embodiment of all evil. He, along with one-third of the angelic host, rebelled against God, becoming the demons, though they were defeated and banished from Heaven and God's presence.
- He has been called the devil, serpent, dragon and other beastly names throughout history due to his nature. He also has titles such as accuser, trickster, tempter, and liar. His treatment by God and his own evil caused him to hate all creation, especially the humans, and sought to ruin it in God's eyes out of spite and hatred. He achieves this most prominently through the sinful nature of mankind.
- Peter Stormare was critically acclaimed for his portrayal as Lucifer. As a result, it is likely that he will appear in the planned sequel, Constantine 2.